May 11-20, 2018
George Enescu Square
The annual Art Safari Bucharest held under the patronage of Bucharest City Hall is one of East Europe’s biggest and most exciting arts events. We showcased Romanian masterpieces and international art to nearly 90,000 visitors through our Central Pavilion, Museum Pavilion, International Program and educational programs, that form our unique concept. Curated by acclaimed Romanian and international experts, the Museum Pavilion and Central Pavilion will showcase historic and new art for our audience.
- Museum Pavilion ”Natural Cultural”, Brâncuși, Paul Neagu, Ion Grigorescu, Romanian heritage art from museums and private collections. Curated by Alina Șerban;
- Central Pavilion ”Art on Stage”, Mircea Cantor/Luis Vuitton Foundation. Curated by Hervé Mikaeloff;
- “50 Impressionist Painters From the BCR Art Collection”;
- “Ceaușescu. Another Story” – Romanian art from Primăverii Palace;
- Art Safari Kids – art classes and guided tours for kids;
- The International Program, made in partnership with the Embassies of Germany, Israel, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, Argentina, the United States of America in Romania, and the Austrian Cultural Forum;
- Art Talks – supported by Romanian Cultural Institute, will bring together artists, curators, art collectors, academics and professionals.
George Enescu Square, Bucharest
- Piața Romană (600m)
- Universitate (800m)
- Stop on Universitate (61, 66, 69, 70, 85, 90, 91, 336, 601)
- Stop on Piața Romană (133, 300)
- Stop on Bulevardul Nicolae Bălcescu (381, 122, 137, 138, 268)
- Transport for Bucharest: bus routes
- Sala Palatului (28 Ion Câmpineanu St.)
- Universitate Parking (1 Toma Caragiu St.)
- Inter Parking (4, Nicolae Balcescu Bld., connected with Intercontinental Hotel and The National Theater)
- Daily (except Saturdays), 12:00-21:00
- Saturday, 12:00-24:00
- valid one day
- valid all days
- one hour
- group of maximum 10 people
- 1. Admission is free for children aged 12 and under when accompanied by an adult.
- 2. Art Safari permanent ticket must be accompanied by an ID and is not transferable. You can save them to your computer and print them at home or download them to your phone.
- 3. Backpacks, suitcases, large bags, folding bicycles, scooters and trolleys of any size are not allowed.
- 4. Personal or non-professional use photography is permitted, however it must be conducted without disruption to the visitors, and with the safety of the artworks in mind.
- 5. Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the exhibition halls, with the exception of certified service animals for visitors with disabilities.
- 6. Please note that press and promotional photography and filming are taking place on the premises. Attendance at the event implies permission for your image to be used for non-comercial (including media reports).
- 7. Smoking or vaping is not permitted on the show premises.